Maniago, the "City of Cutlery", consists of 12,000 inhabitants, located at the foot of the Carnic Alps and 100 km to the northeast of Venice. In the IX century the Venetian Empire used the timber from our mountains and the blades we manufactured for its arsenals and ships. In fact, dating back to 1400, the first signs industrial production in Maniago appeared with the development of the first "Battiferri"(anvil) to properly produce articles for agriculture, axes, hatchets, chisels and swords. The company DUE BUOI was founded in 1884 in Maniago by Pietro Rosa, the great-grandfather of the current owner, to produce tools for agriculture.
From the beginning, DUE BUOI started forging metal in the old site located on the bed of the torrent Cellina, to take advantage of the waterway as a driving force to operate the various machines.
Today DUE BUOI realizes all the strategic processes for the production of quality blades: design and construction of the molds, molding of the knives, mechanical machining and heat treatments. We also make use of a few selected artisans for some secondary processing.